2019 Investment Banking Off Cycle Internship – Madrid FIG Team
Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By ‘Connecting Markets East & West’, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership.
Investment Banking overview:
Nomura’s Investment Banking Division provides advisory and capital-raising solutions to corporations, financial institutions, governments and public-sector organizations around the world. Our global teams act as geographic, product and industry specialists. We connect clients directly to Asia, accessing deep pools of liquidity and dynamic growth markets.
In EMEA, we operate across targeted industry sectors and in most major European countries to deliver strategic advice to clients wishing to acquire, combine or sell businesses or looking for financing and risk management solutions.
We are looking for an intern in our Madrid office for 6 months for an immediate start. This is an opportunity to work as a fulltime intern.
Interns are expected to perform as a first-year analyst with the same level of exposure, participating in all situations as full members of the team. They are expected to form effective working relationships and to demonstrate a commitment to the firm’s goals and values. During the course of the internship, interns benefit from working closely with a buddy and interacting regularly with a senior mentor. We also ensure extensive contact with Nomura professionals at all levels through training, seminars and informal social functions.
• Supporting senior bankers on:
– Preparation of discussion materials
– Data analysis
– Modelling (operating models, capital models, merger models, LBO, etc.)
• Participating in on-going deal execution within FIG, e.g. M&A transactions, capital raising etc.
Skills and qualifications:
- Distinctive academic record: consistently rated in the top 10% of the peer group
- Solid analytical skills, including ability to perform data analysis
- Strong communications skills – ability to interact confidently with banking professionals
- Team work – experience of working in a project based environment with tight deadlines and as part of a broader team
- Highly motivated, dynamic self-starter and a quick learner
- Certified accounting qualifications and fluency in a European language a plus
What are we looking for?
At Nomura our goal is to attract and develop exceptionally talented people who share our passion for individual excellence and our commitment to teamwork. We recruit graduates and interns with a high level of academic and extra-curricular achievement, who will be able to withstand the rigours of a rapidly changing, demanding but ultimately rewarding environment.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online via: www.nomura.com/careers
Fluency in Spanish and English is essential.
This opportunity is closed to applications.