2021 - Corporate Infrastructure - Operations - Summer Internship - NYC
2021 Operations Summer Analyst Program
Nomura is a global financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its four business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking), and Merchant Banking. Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com.
Corporate Infrastructure Division
Our Corporate Infrastructure is what underpins the success of the entire organization. It is internationally renowned and structured to deliver world class client service. We rely on it to build and support the business, helping us deliver innovative financial solutions that set Nomura apart in the global marketplace.
The group is focused on four key areas including Client Service, Risk and Control, Project Management and Shared Services. Operations professionals work with the Sales, Trading and Information Technology Divisions, and are responsible for delivering a client focused experience that is efficient and meets a high standard of control.
About Our Summer Analyst Program:
The Summer Analyst Program runs for 10 weeks, during which Analysts will enjoy extensive contact with Nomura professionals at all levels through discussion groups, seminars and informal social functions. This program is an integral component of our full time recruiting.
We aim to provide Summer Analysts with the same level of exposure as a first-year Analyst, with a hands-on opportunity to participate as full members of the team. They are expected to form effective working relationships and to demonstrate a commitment to the firm’s goals and values. During the course of the internship, Summer Analysts benefit from working closely with a buddy and interacting regularly with a senior mentor.
What Roles You Might Play:
- Client Onboarding: This client onboarding team coordinates the on-boarding of all clients in the US region covering 200+ Global Markets and Investment Banking salespeople across Equities and Fixed Income. The team focuses on the on-boarding of new clients as well as maintaining existing relationships.
- Change Management Team: The primary focus of the team is to apply a structured project management methodology across Americas Operations through key Business Analysis and Project Management functions. This includes the creation of project documentation (Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirements Document (FRD), Gap Analysis, Risk Impact, and Implementation), facilitation of project working groups, creation of front-to-back process flows and reviews, and perform department level management reporting.
- Shared Services: This team is responsible for the oversight of Settlement and Corporate Action processing for Equity and Fixed Income products conducted by an external vendor. The group works together with vendor teams to mitigate operational risk, and ensure that the firm fulfills all regulatory requirements.
- KYC- Know Your Client: Protect Nomura from entering into inappropriate client relationships. Complete risk reviews of the business customers, based on KYC standards and document requirements the firm has set.
- Outstanding academic qualifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to understand financial products
- Outstanding academic qualifications; strong GPA
- Pursuing a Bachelors Degree (preferably Business, Economics, Accounting or Finance)
- Graduating between December 2021 and June 2023
Nomura is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This opportunity is closed to applications.